Happy Friday Sunday, Brazenites!
As you may have noticed, the Brazen blog was down on Friday for a period as our IT team worked diligently to bring it back up. As a result, our Friday link roundup did not go out as scheduled.
But we didn’t want you to miss out on the goodness, so we’re putting it up now. Better late than never, right?
1. Think you’re prepared for every question an interviewer could throw at you? Think again. Check out some of the weirdest questions interviewers have actually asked job candidates.
2. “Location, location, location” isn’t just for real estate; if you’re thinking of starting your own biz, check out the 5 best states for entrepreneurs.
3. Who better to teach you how to negotiate than a top FBI investigator?
4. You may know the basics of office email etiquette, but have you considered what your “Out of Office” message says about you?
5. Learn a lesson in how not to run a business from the 10 most hated companies in America.
6. Are you a STAR manager or a DOPE manager? If you’re not sure (and want to make sure you’re not the latter), check out how to manage a new team when you have no clue what you’re doing.
7. If ever there was an ideal example of the ROWE argument, it would be this: “model” $250,000 a year employee surfs cat videos all day while secretly outsourcing his job to China.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!