More and more people are jumping into the freelancing world, whether diving into full-time work straight off or testing the waters first with a side hustle. It’s a big change to make, and a style of working that’s different than the typical 9-to-5 many of us are used to.
That’s why we’ve gathered up 10 of our favorite Brazen posts on freelancing to help you decide whether this career path is for you—and learn how to rock it if it is:
1. The Pros and Cons of Becoming an Independent Contractor or Freelancer. Not sure if the freelance lifestyle is right for you? Here’s an idea of what you can expect.
2. The Savings (and Costs) of Working from Home. What about the financial aspects of switching to a work-from-home situation? Here are some factors to weigh when making your decision.
3. Want to Follow Your Dream? Don’t Quit Your Day Job. It may not seem as glamorous or dramatic as handing in your notice to pursue your passion, but there are many reasons why easing your way into a freelance situation is better, both for your financial security and for your dream.
4. 8 Tips for Launching Your Side Hustle Like a Rock Star. You’ve read up on what to expect, and now you’re ready to do this thing! Here’s how to do it right.
5. 7 Things You Should Never Say to Someone Who Works from Home. You’ve made the leap! Can’t wait to tell your family and friends the great news? Just be prepared to start hearing these common misguided comments from those still in the 9-to-5.
6. How to Become a Freelance Hard-Ass and Get Paid What You’re Worth. Don’t be timid about your rates; you know you offer a valuable skill, and you deserve to be paid for that. Here’s how.
7. 3 Freelance Mistakes That Keep You Stuck at Rookie Level. It can be especially easy to make these mistakes when you’re just starting out and eager to bring in work—any work—however you can. But these practices can actually keep your career from ever taking off.
8. 5 Essentials for Boosting Your Freelance Productivity. Getting out of bed and getting dressed may seem like silly goals, but if you’ve been freelancing for any length of time, you know just how powerful simple actions like this can be when it comes to setting the tone for your whole day.
9. Tax Tips for the First-Time Freelancer. You’re actually starting to bring in some real money! Woohoo! But don’t forget that this changes your relationship with Uncle Sam. Read up on how to stay on the IRS’s good side.
10. 5 Tips for Buying Affordable Health Insurance When You Work for Yourself. Also worth thinking about is how you’re going to keep yourself (and your family) covered now that you don’t have a company-sponsored health plan. Here are some tips to consider.
Have you read any worthwhile posts for freelancers lately? Leave a link in the comments!